ZHIPING LI, M.D., PH.D
Dr. Zhiping Li is currently an Associate Professor in the Pennsylvania Cancer and Regenerative Medicine Research Center, a part of the Baruch S. Blumberg Institute in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. She previously held the position of Assistant Professor, Department of Cancer Biology, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Zhiping Li holds a Medical Degree in Clinical Medicine and a Master Degree in Internal Medicine from Shanxi Medical University in Taiyuan, Shanxi, China, and a Ph.D. in Hematology from Beijing Medical University in Beijing, China. She did clinical practice in Internal Medicine and Hematology as a Physician in the 2nd Hospital of Shanxi Medical University in Taiyuan, Shanxi. Her 1st postdoctoral research at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York with Dr. B. Hilda Ye focused on studying the role of BCL6 in lymphoma. Since she joined in Dr. Richard G. Pestell’s lab first as a Postdoc and then as a Research Assistant Professor her research focused on studying the role of cyclin D1 in cellular migration, mitochondria function, DNA damage response, and DNA methylation, and investigating the role of Dach1 in tumorigenesis in vivo.
Selected Original Papers (in over 30 original papers):
1. Zhiping Li, Ke Chen, Xuanmao Jiao, Chenguang Wang, Nicole E. Willmarth, Mathew C. Casimiro, Weihua Li, Xiaoming Ju, Sung Hoon Kim, Michael P. Lisanti, John A. Katzenellenbogen, and Richard G. Pestell. Cyclin D1 Integrates Estrogen-Mediated DNA Damage Repair Signaling. Cancer Research 2014; 74(14): 3959-70.
2. Zhiping Li, Xuanmao Jiao, Chenguang Wang, L. Andrew Shirley, Hany Elsaleh, Olav Dahl, Min Wang, Evi Soutoglou, Erik S. Knudsen, and Richard G. Pestell. Alternative Cyclin D1 Splice Forms Differentially Regulate the DNA Damage Response. Cancer Research 2010; 70(21): 8802-11.
3. Zhiping Li, Chenguang Wang, Xuanmao Jiao, Sanjay Katiyar, Mathew C. Casimiro, George C. Prendergast, Michael J. Powell, Richard G. Pestell. Alternate Cyclin D1mRNA Splicing Modulates p27KIP1 Binding and Cell Migration. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2008; 283(11): 7007-15.
4. Zhiping Li, Xuanmao Jiao, Chenguang Wang, Xiaoming Ju, Yinan Lu, Liangping Yuan, Michael P. Lisanti, Sanjay Katiyar, Richard G. Pestell. Cyclin D1 induction of cellular migration requires p27Kip1. Cancer Research 2006, 66(20): 9986-94.
5. Chenguang Wang, Zhiping Li, Yinan Lu, Runlei Du, Sanjay Katiyar, Jianguo Yang, Maofu Fu, Jennifer E. Leader, Andrew Quong, Phyllis M. Novikoff , and Richard G. Pestell. Cyclin D1 repression of nuclear respiratory factor 1 integrates nuclear DNA synthesis and mitochondrial function. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2006; 103(31): 11567-72.
6. Zhiping Li, Chenguang Wang, Xuanmao Jiao, Yinan Lu, Maofu Fu, Andrew A. Quong, Chip Dye, Jianguo Yang, Maozheng Dai, Xiaoming Ju, Xueping Zhang, Anping Li, Peter Burbelo, E. Richard Stanley, Richard G. Pestell. Cyclin D1 regulates cellular migration through the inhibition of thrombospondin-1 and ROCK signaling. Molecular and Cellular Biology 2006, 26(11): 4240-56.
7. Zhiping Li, Xing Wang, Raymond Yick-Loi Yu, B. Belinda Ding, J. Jessica Yu, Xu-Ming Dai, Akira Naganuma, E. Richard Stanley, and B. Hilda Ye. BCL-6 negatively regulates expression of the NF-kB1 p105/p50 subunit. Journal of Immunology 2005; 174(1): 205-214.
8. Xing Wang, Zhiping Li, Akira Naganuma, and B. Hilda Ye. Negative autoregulation of BCL-6 is bypassed by genetic alterations in diffuse large B cell lymphomas. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2002; 99(23): 15018-15023 (Xing Wang and Zhiping Li are co-first authors).